Pegaso Telematic University established by Ministerial decree dated 20thApril 2006 ( Gu n.118 of 23rd May 2006, Ord. Suppl.n.125 ) is an Open University able not only to receive various formative requirements with the greatest observance of regulations in force, by making use of up-to date educational methodologies, but also able to meet the present society’s different requirements.
The study courses provide a learning course greatly independent of bonds of physical presence or specific timetable, and the continuous monitoring of the learning level by outlining the course and the frequent evaluation and self evaluation .
Pegaso Telematic University uses wireless communication technologies and adopts a system structure able to manage and make on line highly qualitative university year courses approachable to the user. At the end of these courses the users will obtain academic qualification of the same legal value as the ones issued by traditional universities.
What makes Pegaso Telematic University prestigious and innovative is the attention paid to the national and international research and also to the young generations ‘ training for the research activities.
In order to obtain it Pegaso Telematic University intends:
.- to found after the first three year period some correlated teaching degrees;
- to found Ph Doctorates correlated with the teaching degrees;
- to activate announcements of competition for research cheques;
HOW TO STUDY
The teaching methodology issued by Pegaso Telematic University provides the use of teaching courses made up of learning objects in which various teaching aids, materials and services converge and act on the student’s training and learning course in a synergistic way.
The student, in fact, has at his disposal:
- the written text of the lesson, with bibliographical references, notes, etc;
- slides ( supplied with texts, tables, images, graphs, etc. ) commented in audio by the teacher,
- films on the lessons, available in synchronous and/or asynchronous form;
- self-evaluation exercises in order to check the learning stage;
- every student attends his own virtual classroom’s activities coordinated by expert tutors at the contents and trained for the technical communicative aspects of didactics on line, and besides he is supervised by the full professor who is responsible for didactics.
The guidance / consulting activity occurs through the creation of synchronous and asynchronous virtual interactive spaces ( forum, web conferences, live lessons, etc. ) or in case of personalized explanation requests, by e-mail.
HOW TO TAKE THE EXAMS
The final result checking takes place in person to the university centre and it’s entrusted to a Board of Examiners appointed by the Chancellor and chaired by the Full Professor.
The criteria adopted for the evaluation are determined by
- the results given by some intermediate tests ( on line tests checking knowledge, processing of examination papers, possible laboratory activities ,etc );
- the kind of attendance at on line activities ( attendance and quality of the interventions monitored through the platform ),
- the final test results in person at the Universities.
In every course the students are subjected for every subject to a test in itinere that is compulsory but irrelevant for the final exam entrance, in order to monitor learning constantly.
The tests can be made up of
- tests ( close or open answers, multiple choice, etc );
- project works;