Neurocriminology seeks to apply the methodology and study techniques of neuroscience to understand, predict, treat and even prevent violence and crime.
The objectives of this Postgraduate Master Course in neurocriminology are the following:
- Prepare the student for professional practice in the field of neurocriminology from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Promote the use of current instruments and techniques in the field of criminology and neurocriminology in order to incorporate them into research tasks.
- Integrate the new challenges and trends of neurocriminology as specialized academic training.
- Analyze violent behaviors from a comprehensive perspective.
- Study the aggressive tendencies of human beings in the media.
|Agresividad y Violencia: aspectos psicológicos||6||0|
|El enfermo mental: inimputabilidad y medidas de seguridad||6||0|
|Neurocriminología y psicobiología de la agresividad y la conducta violenta||6||0|
|Mediación en el Proceso Penal y Ámbito PenitenciarioEl agresor, la víctima y los aspectos legales de la conducta desvidad||6||0|
|Metodología de Investigación en Ciencias sociales||6||0|
|Psicopatología de la agresión||6||0|
|Evaluación, intervención y tratamiento en conductas violentas||6||0|
|Intervención correccional con delicuentes||6||0|
|Retos en la intervención con delicuentes y menores infractores||6||0|
|Trabajo Final de Master||6||0|
This Postgraduate Master Course in neurocriminology is mainly aimed at students with degrees in one of the following university careers:
- Psychology, Pedagogy, Psychiatry, Criminology, Law, Sociology, Social Work, Social Education, Pedagogy, etc.
- Professionals of the intervention in the area of health and social area with minors and adults, with victims, groups at risk of social exclusion, etc.
- NGO workers.
- Members of the State Security Forces and Bodies.
- Personnel of public and private institutions in the field of social intervention, health, etc.
This Postgraduate Master Course will be delivered online through our didactic platform available 24/7.
The distance learning system shall provide assisted learning along a predetermined educational path, with access to didactic materials specifically developed, with a wide range of interactive individual and group activities, supervised by tutors and experts in the field, able to interact with students and to answer their enquiries.
The study of the didactic materials, both digital (video lessons of the lecturers with graphic animations) and on paper support (lecture notes and/or texts), is conducted according to the time schedules and personal availability of the student.
Students may avail of video lessons for the study of theoretical knowledge, of bibliographies and sitographies, in addition to notes and documents necessary for the acquisition of practical skills.
Upon enrolment, the student will receive, at the e-mail address provided during the enrolment process, the credentials to access the UniPegaso platform, where they will be able to download the final certificate once the have successfully passed the final examination.
Students are expected to:
• study the didactic material specifically arranged;
• participate in online activities;
• successfully meet the required learning outcomes of each module as stated in course outline in order to pass the assignments;
• revise the assignments according to the lecturers’ comments in an event of the failure to meet one or more of the learning outcomes for each module;
• successfully pass the final dissertation defense real time via digital tools.
The following access qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (EQF level 6)