Italy has been, since antiquity, the centre of history, culture and art, but also Italy is the country that hosts unique and fascinating international events as well as some of the most acclaimed films in the history of cinema.
The Italian entertainment industry is known worldwide for its epic films set in classical settings, the numerous film directors, actors and actresses as well as its strong and mass appealing TV shows formats born in the 1950’s.
The programme offers a solid knowledge for the organization and promotion of arts events in digital era, but also the professional knowledge to enable students and passionate about the sector in specialising on the features of the Italian entertainment sector.
During the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Art - Organisation and promotion of art events in the digital age
- Design - The Italian design: brands, classic models, innovation and creativity
- Economy - The Italian entertainment industry
- Communications - The Italian song festival of Sanremo between traditional media and social networks
- Cinema - Identity and Imagination. Italy and its movies
- The agency Journalism: news reporting means ANSA
- Music - The Italian song romance
- Information and Covid 19: The psychological impact of the health emergency in Italy
- Television - Writing the great Italian TV series
- From the show to the music: the Italian tv show and its direction
- The Great Beauty: Italian Art through the centuries
- Italian Art and Cultural Heritage
- Theatre: the soul of Italy on stage
- Italian Neorealism - Cinema narrating history
- Italian Cultural Studies - Perspectives in Otherness
- Music events management
- Italian jazz festivals
- Classic Neapolitan song
In addition, students will have the opportunity to deepen the topics thanks to company case histories based on interviews with experts from the respective sectors.
This Postgraduate Master Course aims at providing graduates and entertainment lovers with a broad overview over the Italian Entertainment and creative industry and its peculiarities from different perspectives: Art, Design, Economy, Communications, Television, Cinema and Music.
This postgraduate Master course is aimed at young graduates, professionals and all the entertainment and arts lovers who wish to improve their competences in the “Made in Italy” branded communication and entertainment industry.
This Postgraduate Master Course will be delivered online through our didactic platform available 24/7.
The distance learning system shall provide assisted learning along a predetermined educational path, with access to didactic materials specifically developed, with a wide range of interactive individual and group activities, supervised by tutors and experts in the field, able to interact with students and to answer their enquiries.The study of the didactic materials, both digital (video lessons of the lecturers with graphic animations) and on paper support (lecture notes and/or texts), is conducted according to the time schedules and personal availability of the student.
Students are expected to:
• study the didactic material specifically arranged;
• participate in online activities;
• successfully meet the required learning outcomes of each module as stated in course outline in order to pass the assignments;
• revise the assignments according to the lecturers’ comments in an event of the failure to meet one or more of the learning outcomes for each module;
• successfully pass the final dissertation defence real time via digital tools.
The following access qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (EQF level 6)