The criminalistics specialist is not a criminologist, but a scientist, a laboratory man expert in the different existing techniques to identify the perpetrator of facts based on existing material evidence and determining its causes, the means of commission and its consequences.
Skills to be acquired by students with this official Postgraduate Master Course in forensic criminology:
- Document analysis.
- Ballistics and instrumental traces.
- Judicial photography. Search, survey and preservation of organic and inorganic evidence at the scene of the event.
- Fingerprint analysis.
- Biology and evidence.
- Computer science and forensic electronics.
- Investigation of traffic accidents.
|Criminología y Criminalísitca||3||0|
|Inspección Técnico Ocular||6||0|
|Indentificación Lofoscopica y Dactiloscopia||6||0|
|Biología e Indicios||6||0|
|Pericia Ciligráfica y Documentos||6||0|
|Metodología de investigación en ciencias sociales||6||0|
|Balística y trazas instrumentales||6||0|
|Investigación de accidentes de tráfico.||6||0|
|Análisis forense de investigación técnica de components informáticos y electrónicos||6||0|
|Técnicas de investigación forense||3||0|
|Trabajo Final de Master||6||0|
The Postgraduate Master Course in Forensic Criminalistics is aimed especially at graduates in degrees such as Criminology, Law, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and professionals dedicated to scientific and laboratory research, among others.
This Postgraduate Master Course will be delivered online through our didactic platform available 24/7.
The distance learning system shall provide assisted learning along a predetermined educational path, with access to didactic materials specifically developed, with a wide range of interactive individual and group activities, supervised by tutors and experts in the field, able to interact with students and to answer their enquiries.
The study of the didactic materials, both digital (video lessons of the lecturers with graphic animations) and on paper support (lecture notes and/or texts), is conducted according to the time schedules and personal availability of the student.
Students may avail of video lessons for the study of theoretical knowledge, of bibliographies and sitographies, in addition to notes and documents necessary for the acquisition of practical skills.
Upon enrolment, the student will receive, at the e-mail address provided during the enrolment process, the credentials to access the UniPegaso platform, where they will be able to download the final certificate once the have successfully passed the final examination.
Students are expected to:
• study the didactic material specifically arranged;
• participate in online activities;
• successfully meet the required learning outcomes of each module as stated in course outline in order to pass the assignments;
• revise the assignments according to the lecturers’ comments in an event of the failure to meet one or more of the learning outcomes for each module;
• successfully pass the final dissertation defense real time via digital tools.
The following access qualifications are required: